07 April 2013

Post General Conference Ramblings

I find it funny that some people have said that the Latter-Day Saints are like a cult. I find humor because of the fact that although when i had the change of heart, I had a desire to judge others and isolate myself more from those not in the church.
I was counseled by the Lord, and lead to scripture and church teachings that taught me that is against the church's teachings.

In fact; to love ALL is the mandate.

To strive to become Christ-like in ALL actions, but especially to love thy neighbor as He loves us. We are ALL children of God. We are ALL Christ's siblings.

Christ is the ONLY perfect child. The rest of us are sinners. We are imperfect. We are mortals. But we can strive to be worthy of the title of "saint." We can ALWAYS listen to that small, quiet voice, the guidance we are granted by our keeping our covenants. We can choose the right, walk in the light and bring that light to EACH and EVERY being that we touch in our lives.

I love having the opportunity to show God with every choice I make; that I am proud to be His daughter.  Nothing else, really matters.

This weekend, as I listened to President Monson, The Prophet, speak at the General Conference; I was moved to tears on many occasions.
I know that he is the living prophet. Not that I doubted, but I know every time that I have seen him. He has the connection. The "force" is with him.

The women of the church move me with their words. The story of the carpet scripture, touched my heart in many more ways than I can express.
The talks about virtue and redemption hit home.
As I spoke with friends who watched it, we shared how we each felt the answers to our prayers, as if those talking were answering each of our questions; no matter how different the questions. That is the magic of the Lord. He knows. He KNOWS how to touch each and every one of us.

Full of the white light of the holy spirit tonight. It was a glorious general conference.
I wish His holy love and light to all. It is a blessing to be alive and full of God's glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment