30 March 2013

What an Incredible Week

Wow. I can't believe that it's the night before Easter. One week ago I was baptized. One week ago tomorrow, I was confirmed as a member of the church.

I FEEL the spirit of resurrection SO deeply tonight. Filled with the Holy Spirit, I feel blessed beyond measure.

It has been less that a month since I contacted a sister so that she might assist me in getting in contact with a missionary. The rest, as they say, is history.

THEN I was BAPTIZED!!!

And life BEGAN anew!!

In no small way, my life began to be FLOODED with BLESSINGS!!!!

Tuesday, in the Family History Center with a Sister's guidance, I was able to make contact with a distant cousin who had a treasure trove of photos of a grandfather who's face I had never seen before. This followed a miraculous story of his heroism in World War II that I was able to uncover in the FHC and a grainy newspaper photo's discovery that day.

Subsequent messages exchanged with my cousin have proved very cathartic and healing for me and my family. Learning about the inequities visited upon my ancestors due to misunderstandings and judgements, and having been given the opportunity to set the record straight for my descendants is an INCREDIBLE blessing.

Then, on Wednesday, I was graced with the gift of my words and creativity. During my period of contrition and repentance before my baptism, I was told in prayer that my words would come back after I made that covenant; I had NO IDEA how much that would be true!
My poor fingers have gone to sleep tired each night since!

My words and questions and opinions have flowed incessantly, it seems. Within that time, I have posted several pieces on my personal "random thoughts" blog: Slightely Maggie.
I also designed this blog and have written and posted several pieces.

When I decided that perhaps some people may read this, and desire to give me feedback, but not necessarily publicly; I could not find a pre-designed button that worked. So, I encoded a bit of HTML.
The first code I have written in over ten years. I just hadn't felt inspired to do so; UNTIL NOW!

I had a wonderful time visiting with sisters I had known from my ward as well as others when my dear friend took me to my first singles dance on Friday. It was great to dance while maintaining my righteousness and celebrate new friendships. So many new friendships! Wonderful!

I cannot begin to thank God enough for the WONDERFUL women he has brought into my life in the past few weeks. Generous and kind with their words and deeds, I am so grateful to have them in my life.

Another blessing has been the GORGEOUS weather this week. I couldn't have imagined a more beautiful weekend to be celebrating Christ's Resurrection as a newly baptized woman! A daughter of God, a sister of Christ.

I thank God for all the many blessings of this week; both that I have mentioned and for every moment since last weekend. I am so incredibly grateful for everything.

It is AMAZING.
I pray that the blessings continue, in YOUR life as well as mine! Happy Easter!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment