22 March 2013

Pre-Baptism Reflections & Ponderings

The following are few notes from the journals that I was keeping during my few weeks while I was taking lessons preparing for the covenants I would make in baptism. Most of them are random observations.
  • Believing in Christ and walking around unbaptized is like trying to walk around without my long boot laces tied: I have to be extra careful of each little step, lest I trip myself up!
  • Converts are like butterflies: They are just starting to break out of their chrysalis and need help understanding that they can fly on the wings of being a child of God.
  • My goal is to strive to be Christ-like in my thoughts and deeds.
     
  •  It did not escape my observation that as soon as Jesus Christ's name was no longer in my prayers, (in my life before the church); the poorer my physical and emotional health became.
I will be posting more from my conversion journals in the coming months. I am also working on a full story of my spiritual journey from the first time I remember feeling God, up through my conversion. A work that will remain in progress as long as I am on this side of the veil.


His Holy Love and Light to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment