18 April 2013

A Testimony of Tithing

Personally, I didn't think I NEEDED a "testimony of tithing". After all, EVERY time I have ever given away my last dime, I have been rewarded with abundance.

It happened that I had waited until I was in an interview with my Bishop and he got to the tithing question. I excitedly grabbed the envelope that I had almost forgotten was in my bible case, handed it over to him, and said, "yes, I am a full tithe payer!"

I was excited to pay my first tithe. I was a member of the church!

Less than 40 hours later, I received a text on my phone informing me of a deposit into my account. Not expecting my Social Security until a day later, I was confused.

It was a refund that I expected. But it was about a month early AND it was more than I expected!

I quickly calculated out ten percent of my windfall, and put it into the envelope for the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment